Thursday, January 8, 2015

Restoration

For the past few years a friend and I each choose a word we proclaim for ourselves at the start of the new year.  My word this year is Restoration!



I love to watch shows on TV that show the restoration of a home.  Shows like "Property Brothers", "Rehab Addict", and "Love It or List It".  The transformation is always so unbelievable to me.  You start out with this old, worn out, cluttered, chaotic, out-of-date, disorganized house and in a 30 minute segment it is given a brand new look.  Same House - New Look!!  Although to the viewer it feels like the restoration takes place at the snap of the fingers, it's actually weeks and weeks of a process-a lot of sweat, hard labor, time, and money. 

I have some friends who have restored old furniture and it's so remarkable and amazing to see the end result.  It's hard to believe that something so beautiful, clean, and in "mint" condition could really come out of something old and falling apart.  From junk to a treasure.  From an "eye sore" to a stunning sight.  From a waste of space to having purpose!!  From old and decayed to brand new!





The definition of Restoration is:
: the act or process of returning something to its original condition by repairing it, cleaning it, etc.
: the act of bringing back something that existed before
: the act of returning something that was stolen or taken

God is the original "Restoration Genius"...that is what He is in the business of!  He takes the old and makes it new.  He gives meaning, purpose, and value to our lives.  And even though He is capable of restoring us overnight, it's usually a process, a long and sometimes painful process that involves our cooperation, hard work, commitment, surrender, tears, and often money (counseling).

 
 
In order for me to get to that glorious place of restoration I have to first walk through the valley.  In the valley there are thorns, rocks, raging rivers, mud, the scorching sun, and dense forests that I have to endure.  It's hard, it's painful, it's difficult, and there are certainly days when I don't think I can press on.  The tears come so easily.  The pain is so raw.  The anguish is so real.
 
But I have a promise in God's word that He is with me, He is beside me, He is close to me, He is comforting me, He leads me, and He protects me.  I don't need to be in fear, I don't need to be in want, and I don't need to be in doubt.  I will walk THROUGH the valley and come out on the other side whole, complete, healed, and restored. 
 
So here is to a year of RESTORATION! 
 
Do you need restoration in your life?  Do you need God to bring healing? Transformation? Growth? Freedom?  It might get a little messy in the process...but I am going to bet the outcome is well worth it.
 
"Lord I lift up those reading my blog who need you to move in a mighty way in their lives.  They may be sitting here today feeling so lost, broken, wounded, ashamed, rejected, abandoned, unloved, or hopeless.  May they encounter you in a brand new way.  Your love, forgiveness, joy, hope, peace, freedom, healing, and restoration.  You are so good.  You love us immensely.  Begin a new work in their life right now.  May they hold tightly to you and trust you through the process.  Help them to be brave to face whatever it is they need to face and find restoration on the other side.  In Jesus mighty name I pray, Amen"
 
One of my favorite songs that has been a blessing to me during this season of my life!
 
 
 
 
 


Please Subscribe here if you don't want to miss upcoming posts or find me on Facebook!
 






1 comment: