Sunday, November 2, 2014

It Is Well...

A friend recently introduced me to a worship CD called "You Make Me Brave".  I have been listening to it over and over, especially at night to help me fall asleep.  There is one particular song that I have listened to more times than I can count called, "It is Well", which has brought such peace to my anxious mind and heart and ministered to my soul.


Over the past 3 1/2 months I have walked through one of the hardest seasons of my life.  My husband of 13 years, made an unforeseen decision to walk out on our marriage.  There was no willingness to pursue counseling, no desire whatsoever to salvage our marriage, and yes in time I discovered there was someone else in his life. 

I have never experienced such anguish, grief, heartache, sorrow, and brokenness in my life.  I have spent countless hours on my face weeping, crying and pouring out my heart to the Lord.  But in the process I have been reminded of Gods promises....

He has loved me with an everlasting Love! (Jeremiah 31)
I can find rest in the shadow of the Almighty (Psalm 91)
God alone is my rock and my salvation, my fortress where I will never be shaken! (Psalm 62)
The Lord is close to the brokenhearted, He rescues those whose spirits are crushed! (Psalm 34)
The Lord Himself will fight for me, I need only to be still! (Exodus 14)
Those who trust in the Lord will find new strength! (Isaiah 40)
The Lord my God is with me wherever I go! (Joshua 1)
God arms me with strength and He makes my way perfect! (Psalm 18)
The Lord will not fail or forsake me! (Deuteronomy 31)
The Lord is my light and my salvation, The Lord is my defense! (Psalm 27)
God will uphold me with His righteous right hand! (Isaiah 41)
When I am weak, then I am strong! (2 Corinthians 12)
The name of the Lord is a strong tower! (Proverbs 18)
Peace He leaves with me; His peace He gives to me! (John 14)
He will never let the righteous fall! (Psalm 55)
My flesh and my heart may fail but God is the strength of my heart & my portion forever! (Psalm 73)
By His wounds we are healed! (Isaiah 53)
The faithful love of the Lord never ends! (Lamentations 3)
I can come boldly before the thrown room of my gracious God.  There I will receive His mercy, and I will find grace to help me when I need it most! (Hebrews 4)
The Lord stands beside me like a mighty warrior!  (Jeremiah 20)
My life is safe in the care of my Lord, secure in His treasure pouch! (1 Samuel 25)
He will make my innocence radiate like the dawn and He delights in every detail of my life! (Psalm 37)
God has good plans for my life! (Jeremiah 29)
Even when I walk through the darkest valley I do not need to be afraid, for He is close beside me! (Psalm 23)
God has not given me a spirit of fear, but of power, love and a sound mind! (2 Timothy 1)
The Lord will rescue those who love Him, He will protect those who trust in His name! (Psalm 91)
His peace will guard my heart and mind as I live in Christ Jesus! (Philippians 4)
His power is absolute and His understanding beyond comprehension! (Psalm 147)
He gives power to the weak and strength to the powerless! (Isaiah 40)
The Lord lights up my darkness! (Psalm 18)
The instructions of the Lord are perfect, reviving the soul! (Psalm 19)

Oh I could literally go on and on!  God is good!!  Are you broken?  Do you have immense pain in your life?  Are you going through a grieving season?  I want to tell you there is hope, there is always hope in Christ.  Write out all the verses above and any others that bring you encouragement and feed on these verses all throughout your day (and in the middle of the night if need be).  God can take your sorrow, hopelessness, and brokenness and fill your life with joy, hope, and wholeness! 


 
"Lord thank you for your love; a love that is unconditional, unwavering, unending, and unrelenting.  You are more than enough.  It is well with my soul!"
 
 


Please Subscribe here if you don't want to miss upcoming posts or find me on Facebook!
 
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful Andrea, God is so good to us and gives us eyes to see and ears to hear and trust His provision and faithfulness in our lives. Proud of you my friend for clinging to Jesus. XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andrea--what beautiful richness God has given you! I'm constantly amazed by you and by our good God whom I see in you. In the depths of your sorrow, you are beautiful, and in your brokenness, you are glorifying your Heavenly Father.

    ReplyDelete