Wednesday, January 23, 2013

One step at a time!

In a race there is nothing better than having people cheer you on from the sidelines.  This past Thanksgiving morning our family joined many others in the community for the annual "Turkey Trot" run.  It was a very cold morning but people came, lots and lots of people!  Everyone squeezed in near the starting line.  The announcer got on the loud speaker, "On your mark, get set, go"...we were off and running the 3.6 mile distance around the lake!  My husband was pushing our youngest in the stroller and beside him our 6 year old daughter ran.  I stayed back with our oldest one, who was 8 at the time (she's now a big 9 year old!).  She was struggling.  She kept complaining of different aches and pains.  She would jog for a few minutes then need to walk, jog for a minute, then walk again.  I strived to encourage her, "You can do this, just put one foot in front of the other, you got this!"  After what felt like a long time, we went under the final bridge and the finish line was in sight.  Up ahead, on the sidelines, I saw my husband and other 2 girls.  My 6 year old was cheering on her big sister!  "You can do it, run faster, you're almost there, keep going, faster, faster!!!" 
 
 
Back in December when I ran my first half marathon, they had volunteers stationed all throughout the race course and their job was to cheer, cheer, cheer us on!  "You got this", "Way to go", "You are doing awesome",  "You are almost done!" and on and on the cheering went!  In those moments when I felt tired and my legs felt like jello, it motivated me to keep moving forward and to take one step after another.  But there were moments, especially towards the end, when I was all alone and there was no outward voices there to cheer me on.  I had to dig deep.  It was in those moments I heard the Lord speaking to me and giving me the strength to put one foot in front of the other and not give up!"

Homeschooling can be compared to a race, a long distance race.  It is a journey of trust, stamina, perseverance, commitment, endurance, and taking one step at a time.  Being a homeschool mom does not mean you have it all together all the time. We are weak, we are imperfect, we lose our patience, and we have days we feel weary and overwhelmed. Being a homeschool mom means even more opportunities to run to Jesus, acknowledge our weakness and call out to Him for strength, perseverance, PATIENCE, and the right perspective!

God is your biggest fan and He is constantly cheering you on as you take each step, hour by hour, day by day, month by month, and year by year!  Here are some of His words of encouragement: 




 
 
 
 

 
I'm so thankful we are not alone on this homeschooling journey.  I'm so thankful that the Lord is with me step after step!  He guides me along, directs me, gives me courage, blesses me with the desires of my heart, brings freedom, rest, and pours out immeasurable grace and mercy.  He fills me with strength, power, joy, and peace for the journey!
 
 
 
 
 


Please Subscribe here if you don't want to miss upcoming posts or find me on Facebook!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment