Saturday, May 11, 2013

Even "Supermoms" need to rest!

 
I truly wish this were the case....don't you?  Super powers that enable us to do all the things we do:
 
make breakfast
do laundry
give baths
teach little ones
discipline
pay bills
take kids to swim lessons
take kids to music lessons
take kids to dance lessons
kiss boo boos
mop floors
make lunch
dust furniture
teach at homeschool co-op
oversee monthly moms nights
scrub toilets
vacuum carpets
clean up messes
go grocery shopping
take kids to the library
forget to return the 500 million books in time to the library
run endless errands
make dinner
wash dishes
fold towels
plant a garden
mow the lawn
break up fights
tuck kids into bed
DO IT ALL OVER AGAIN THE NEXT DAY!!!
 
I recently hit an all time low with my energy level and started battling extreme fatigue.  I could barely make it to 2:00 in the afternoon before I needed to take a nap.  This wasn't the typically "tired" mom syndrome...my body felt heavy, drugged, and exhausted.
 
Besides having blood work done and beginning a regiment of supplements (Vitamin D, Vitamin C, B-Complex, B-12, Adrenal support, and iron),  I am learning to rest and say no to things.  Power naps are something I do 3-4 times a week.  That's OK!   I've had to cancel certain appointments because it's just too much with other activities in the same day.  That's OK!   My kids are watching more TV than I'd like them to!  That's OK!  I haven't planted a garden this year.  That's OK!  My kids are not getting lots of gourmet meals right now.  That's OK!  I've cancelled activities that I normally do on a monthly basis.  That's OK!  I took a break from running.  That's OK!  I called upon friends and asked them to pick up or bring my kids home from activities.  That's OK!
 
Most moms I know go and go and go.  They pour out so much into the lives of others...but so often forget to take care of themselves.   Remember it's ok to stop, to rest, to say no, to do something for yourself, to cancel appointments/activities, to not have a perfectly clean house or a gourmet meal every night, or to ask a friend to help out in some way.
 
Are you weary? tired? fatigued? overwhelmed? It's time to stop and surrender yourself before the Lord and find rest in Him.  You won't regret it!
 
 
Happy Mothers Day...now go put your feet up and rest!

You can be ordinary and leave the superhuman powers up to God!





Please Subscribe here if you don't want to miss upcoming posts or find me on Facebook!






No comments:

Post a Comment