"What's for dinner Wednesday"
(Recipe from Gluten Free Homemaker )
|Photo courtesy of an image search|
This was so quick and easy and my 8 year old had fun helping me make it! Definitely something you could double up on and freeze a tray for another meal too! You can also add more ingredients to this as it is very basic...things like bell peppers, olives, cilantro, corn, or black beans would all be great! And of course enchilada sauce, sour cream, salsa, or guacamole to top it off!
1 lb. ground beef
1 pkg. taco seasoning
1 onion, chopped
1 can refried beans
8 oz. tomato sauce
Corn tortillas, cut in strips
Shredded cheddar or Mexican blend cheese
- Brown the beef and sauté the onion in a skillet.
- Add the seasoning mix and prepare according to the package.
- Combine the beans and tomato sauce and place a little of this mixture in the bottom of a greased 2 quart casserole dish.
- Add a layer of tortillas, putting them on any way you want to cover the space, but overlapping them some.
- Add half the beef mix, spreading it out to the edges.
- Sprinkle on cheese to cover (how much depends on how cheesy you like it).
- Spread half the remaining beans on top.
- Repeat layers of tortillas, beef, cheese, and beans. Top with some additional cheese, or reverse the last two layers so that the beans go on top of the beef and you end with cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
In case you missed it:
"What's for dinner Wednesday" - Week 3