Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Candida Cleanse - Week 2

I recently watched a documentary called "Fat, Sick, & Nearly Dead".   The movie follows a 310 pound man, Joe Cross, as he commits to only drink fresh fruit and vegetable juice for 60 days.  His goal was to lose 100 pounds, heal his body of a debilitating autoimmune disease, and to wean off a long list of steroids & medication prescriptions.  Joe had been to countless doctors yet found no true help or healing and so he took matters into his own hands.  What he did to take back his health and his life was definitely extreme, but very inspiring!

I have said it before and I will say it again...if you are facing any health issues you need to #1-Pray that God would lead and guide you along and give you wisdom.  #2 - Find a doctor/holistic practitioner that is a right fit and who is doing more than just throwing a prescription your way.  #3-You must be proactive and take responsibility/ownership for your lifestyle, diet, and choices that impact your health.



Making changes, especially to your diet, can drastically improve your health and well-being.  However, it can certainly feel overwhelming.  So I want to challenge you by making one very simple change.... start drinking more water and less sugary sodas, lattes, energy drinks, sweet tea, alcohol, or whatever else you might be drinking.  When you wake up in the morning, drink a glass of water with 1/2 squeezed lemon juice.  Then have a goal to drink at least half your body weight in water each day.  My goal is 75-80 ounces of water each day, which is more like 65% of my body weight.  You want the purest water possible.  We purchased a Berkey water filter and I absolutely love it and can taste a huge difference.  Actually it's not what I taste...it's the absence of any taste. 

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/100768110385963749/
  
I have just finished up the 2nd week of the Candida Cleanse.  Last week I shared how my blood sugar felt low and I felt "off".  I was questioning whether or not I should move forward with this cleanse.
 
I evaluated things and knew I was eating plenty, well, and regularly so I made the decision to persevere through the challenges (as there will be struggles, adjusting, and detoxing in any cleanse or diet change).  One addition I made was to add in sweet potatoes, something I hadn't eaten the week prior.  They are one of nature's "perfect foods" and have double the amount of fiber as white potatoes.  They cut sugar cravings and help with that afternoon "crash".  To learn more about sweet potatoes health benefits, check out this page
 
http://www.pinterest.com/pin/135459901261907648/
 
 
I would say this second week has been much better than the first in some ways.  I'm not having that  feeling like my blood sugar is low.  So glad for that!  I am feeling tired/fatigue and taking a short afternoon nap most days.  That is one area I am really hoping to see change in....more all around energy.  Also prior to the cleanse I was having 2-3 normal bowel movements every day (which is exactly what we should be having) and lately I am only having 1 each day.  Part of the cleanse regimen is drinking a class of water first thing in the morning with 1tsp food grade diotmacous earth and 1 tsp bentonite clay (I use Zeolite from Health Force), followed by lots and lots of water.  This can definitely cause a person to experience constipation.  You need to make sure you are staying regular so you can flush out the candida & toxins. 
 
I am pressing on and entering my 3rd week of this cleanse.  Looking forward to sharing with you again next week!
 
Here are some great videos to check out: 48 second test for candida, Blog talk Radio or The Whole Journey.
 
Here are the links if you missed my previous posts for the Candida Cleanse series: Intro and Week 1.
 
I have added a new feature to my blog: Healthy Shopping!   You will find it as a tab along the top of my page.  There you can find products I use and/or recommend for healthy eating, healthy kitchen, healthy reading, healthy supplements, healthy skin, healthy bathroom, and homeschooling!
 
*I am an affiliate for some of the links included in this blog series, which means, if you click on them and make a purchase, I will receive a commission.
 

 

 


Please Subscribe here if you don't want to miss upcoming posts or find me on Facebook!
 

 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment