Monday, July 28, 2014

Candida Cleanse - Week 3

 
Last week I gave one simple tip for changing and improving your health...drinking more water throughout the day!!  Aim to drink at least 1/2 your body weight in ounces.  So if you weigh 150 pounds, than you would want to aim for 75 ounces of water per day!  I use a Lifefactory glass water bottle to make sure I am getting water even while on the go!
 
Today I want to give you another very simple way to make small changes in the right direction.  The focus doesn't need to be on what you CAN'T have...it's about simply adding in more of the GOOD stuff and this will eventually push out more of the BAD stuff.   One way to do this is to add in a delicious green smoothie every morning!  And Yes the green color would be from veggies not green skittles!
 
 
http://www.delightedmomma.com/2013/03/the-best-low-carb-green-smoothie.html
 
 
There are unlimited recipes and ideas when it comes to making a green smoothie.  But here are a few tips:
 

START WITH THE BASE: Almond Milk, Rice Milk, Coconut Water, Filtered Water, Green Tea (1-2 cups liquid)
 
CHOOSE YOUR GREENS: Kale, Spinach, Collard Greens, Bok Choy, Beet Greens (1 cup)
 
CHOOSE YOUR FRUIT: Bananas, Berries, Mango, Pineapple, Apple, Pear, Peach, Melon (1-2 cups, Some frozen fruit is great to help the smoothie to be chilled)
 
SUPERCHARGE IT: Chia Seeds, Flax Seeds, Coconut Oil, Nut Butter, Powdered Greens, Protein Powder, Cinnamon, Spirulina, or Maca Powder (3-4 Tablespoons of combination of them)
 
MAKE IT SWEETER: Honey, Stevia (1-2 drops), Maple Syrup, Chopped Dates, Coconut Palm Sugar (Amount: whatever your preference, if you have fruit though you won't really need any other sweetener)
 
If none of the fruit is frozen you can add in some ice cubes!  Blend and enjoy!!  And if you live a very busy life and want to save yourself time in the mornings, add your greens, fruit & vegetables to freezer bags and make enough for your week (or month) in advance!
 
Pre-Made Smoothies
 
 So now onto my 3rd week of the Candida Cleanse....
 
I'm definitely getting into a groove.  I make my green smoothie every morning, which is more greens than fruit/sweet right now...so not incredibly delicious but full of really good things for me!  I am usually eating a small meal/snack every 2-3 hours.  I was having a sweet craving pretty bad one of the days so made some Coconut and Almond No Bake Balls.  The batch made about 8 balls so I stuck them in the fridge so I can have one each day!
 
And I'm sure you will all be happy to know I am having more regularity, which is so important when doing something like this!  I started adding flax seed to my smoothies in the morning which may be a contributing factor.  I also have been adding in Triphala, which is an Ayurvedic herb for gentle, natural, and effective relief of constipation. 
 
I have just a little over a week more for PHASE 1 of my cleanse.  I will be doing another spit test to see if there is any improvement.  If so, then I will move onto PHASE 2 and if not I will continue with PHASE 1 for another few weeks. 
 
I am pressing on and entering my 4th week of this cleanse.  Looking forward to sharing with you again next week!
 
Here are some great videos to check out: 48 second test for candida, Blog talk Radio or The Whole Journey.
 
Here are the links if you missed my previous posts for the Candida Cleanse series: Intro, Week 1, & Week 2.
 
I have added a new feature to my blog: Healthy Shopping!   You will find it as a tab along the top of my page.  There you can find products I use and/or recommend for healthy eating, healthy kitchen, healthy reading, healthy supplements, healthy skin, healthy bathroom, and homeschooling!
 
*I am an affiliate for some of the links included in this blog series, which means, if you click on them and make a purchase, I will receive a commission.
 
 

 


Please Subscribe here if you don't want to miss upcoming posts or find me on Facebook!
 

 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Wouldn't all that fruit use up all your allowed fruit for the day? I'm also wondering if Christa's protocol allows honey, dates, maple syrup and coconut sugar (or any sugar). Thanks for posting all this! I'm just trying to tweak what I did while seeing my functional medicine doctor Peter Osborne in Sugar Land, Tx. It seemed to make my yeast worse and I think it's time to get serious about killing this beast! The yeast I have isn't albicans, it's candida krusei. One link called it more deadly and hard to kill. Yikes!

    ReplyDelete